Friday, January 4, 2013

Entry 10: Tide Commercial

I was watching Catfish during winter break, and during it I saw some commercials that did not seem to fit. Catfish is about people who meet online, and it is on MTV, so to me, it seems like the show is more directed to teenagers who still live with their parents. Knowing this, one of the commercials I saw was a Tide commercial. I thought this was weird because the commercial itself was really bright and colorful, and seemed like it would attract teenagers, yet it was for laundry detergent. Regardless of whether a teenager does their laundry themselves, most would not buy detergent for their family. I thought this was really weird because they are paying for their commercial to air, but its airing to the wrong people, which seems pointless. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JmhdBpLx2k

No comments:

Post a Comment